Monday, August 24, 2009

Wow!

WOW! That's all I can say. One week after I created this blog and my donation page I'm already up to $1,355, just only $145 away from my goal amount of $1500! This is just evidence of something I've known all along: I have an amazing set of family and friends! Thank you all so much! I wouldn't trade any of you for anything!

BUT...we're not there yet. And, while hitting my goal so quickly is amazing, I think what it really says is my goal was a little too low! So I'm going to keep focused on raising money for this cause well after we've exceeded the original goal!

My training has been progressing pretty well over the past 2 weeks. I apologize for not posting sooner, but I was out of town last week and never really got a chance to come on and give an update. I'm slowly, but surely starting to push up my mileage and incorporating some speedwork into my training. I've been feeling pretty good. If I've had any aches or pains I've made sure to take care of them on recovery days, but nothing recurring thus far.

Thank you to everyone so far that has donated. Please continue to spread the word and I will continue to keep you updated every step of the way!

1 comment: