Friday, August 28, 2009

We Reached the Goal!! But Can We Do More???

I need to send out another big thank you to everyone who has donated so far!

I haven't been raising money for even a month yet and with all of the support from family and friends we've already exceeded my original goal for the Atlanta Marathon! With the donation of my friend Jason Crosby last night (who like our other top donator, Brandon Bowman, is serving our country in the armed forces. Is there an oo-rah in the Air Force, Jason?) my grant total shot up to $1,681! $181 over the original goal!

However, this is not the end. I still have close to 3 months until the marathon actually starts. I COULD sit back at this point and just wait it out, content with doing JUST enough to get by. Or, I could jack up the goal again, and see how high we can get! I still haven't even gotten to send out personalized letters yet! Spencer still hasn't sent out an email to his massive contact list! We could raise even more money to fight this disease!

Almost immediately after exceeding our goal last night I got an email from someone with MMRF (could have been one of those automatically generated emails, I honestly don't know) hinting that I should raise my goal to $2,500. That would be an amazing amount of money to raise for my first real fundraising experience for my first marathon. But, I was thinking on my way to work this morning...Could we do more? The MANSION hasn't even gotten together for a donation yet...Can we do more than $2,500? We raised $1,500 in under a month. Could we match that feat over the next 3?

I think we can. I KNOW we can. So, while I again appreciate the suggestion from MMRF as to what our fundraising goal should be, I think I'm going to tell them, "Thanks, but no thanks" to their suggestion.

Our NEW GOAL: $3,000!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment